Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sunglasses 太陽眼鏡

Trying out A-hsin Ayi's glasses, noticed the glasses covers half of my face.
試戴阿心阿姨的太陽眼鏡.眼鏡把我半個臉都遮住了

Friday, November 21, 2008

正名

原來想說以樂的名字故事已告一段落, 鍾以樂 Elliot Chung. 不知道爸爸這幾天的頭腦裡面在悶燒些什麼...昨天晚上鄭重的向我宣布,以樂的英文名字將從原來的 Elliot 改為 Elliott 兩個T. 其實意思和發音都完全一樣. 只是兩個T的 Elliott是比較古老的寫法, 依Kelly的解釋,是比較正確的拼法. 其實,一個T跟兩個T對我來說並沒有太大的意義. 不過聽Kelly解釋以後,感覺兩個T好像還比較紳士文雅一些. (什麼感覺阿?)我也不知道怎麼解釋. 我只知道, Kelly 一直很喜歡 Elliott Chung給他的感覺,聽起來"好像" 既聰明又紳士、既幽默又機靈、為人爽朗、對女性殷勤有禮,又不俗氣. 很難解釋他對這個名字的情愫,整個感覺上好像是我對"亞森羅蘋" 和 "福爾摩斯"的感覺吧.
總之,鍾小弟的名字在媽媽懷孕第三十四週時終於有了定局. 他名叫鍾以樂, Elliott Chung. 兩個L兩個T.

For the longest time I thought we have finalized on a name for our son- Elliot Chung. However, I don't know what's cooking in daddy's head lately these days. Couple days ago he has made formal announcement in front of me and Elaine saying, Elliot's English name spelling will be changed from one T to two Ts. Actually, the pronunciation and meaning of the name is still the same, but Elliott is just an "older form" of Elliot. From Kelly's explanation, "Elliott" would be the "correct" spelling. To me, one T or two Ts doesn't really make a huge difference, but after hearing Kelly's full story, it feels like Elliott with 2 Ts are a little more gentleman like (what kind of feeling is that?) I'm not sure if I can explain it well enough. I just know that Kelly has always liked the name Elliott Chung. To him the name sounds smart and gentleman like, sounds like the person is humorous yet clever, generous and poise. The feelings he had with this name is probably like the images I have with names like "Arsene Lupin" or "Sherlock Holmes" (in Chinese, both names sound very charming).

Anyway, so here in my 34th weeks into my pregnancy, we have finally decided on our son's name. His name will be Elliott Chung, with 2 Ls and 2 Ts.

Here is a glimpse of a big head of our little Sherlock Holmes blowing bubbles at 33 weeks

這個照片是媽媽寶貝亞森羅蘋33週的大頭在吹泡泡...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Making Cookies/Afternoon Tea with Mom 做餅乾/跟媽媽喝下午茶

I've always to wanted to have girls partly for moments like this... Elaine is at an age to enjoy baking with me and have a nice afternoon tea time so we could chat about things that she newly learnt. 我一直都想要生女兒的小小原因之一就是為了有這樣子的時刻...以琳已經到一個喜歡幫忙做餅乾的階段. 烤完了餅乾我們母女倆還可以一起喝杯下午茶,聊聊她最近學到的新奇事物.
This part got a little messy/ Elaine was so proud that I let her hold the beater on her own.
倒麵粉時有點混亂/ 當我讓以琳自己拿打蛋器攪半時,她好興份喔!
Tasting our freshly baked danish cookies 試吃我們烤好的丹麥小餅乾

Showing off her dimples (Both grandma Wu and Elaine share, but mommy lacks)
愛現她的酒窩(阿媽和以琳都有可是媽媽沒有的)

Friday, November 07, 2008

Silly like Daddy 跟爸爸一樣愛搞怪

These days, when it gets quiet, I'd always start missing my mom with tearful eyes. Kelly and Elaine would somehow find a way cheer me up using some surprising methods.
這些日子來,晚上寂靜時我總會想起我媽媽,就會想掉淚. Kelly和以琳總會找些出乎意料的方法來惹我笑.

Here Elaine put on lots of stickers (without daddy's help) on her face, and ran to me and said: "Mom, look!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud.以琳這天晚上自己黏了一大堆貼紙到他的臉上,跑過來跟我說:"媽媽!看!" 讓我忍不住大笑了起來...

Anniversary Trip Part 2

Elaine was waiting anxiously to meet Santa and to take photos with him, so we went to Santa's workshop to visit Santa Claus.
以琳盼了好久,終於要去看聖誕老公公,要和他一起照相.所以我們到聖誕老公公的家去拜訪他去.


It was low season right now, so we didn't have to wait inline at all!
現在是淡季,所以我門連等都不用等就可以玩了!

I asked Elaine: "Where are you flying to?" She answered: " flying back to Taiwan to visit A-gong" 我問以琳:"妳要開飛機去哪裡阿?" 她正經的回答說:"我要開飛機回台灣看阿公阿祖"
These rides made us realized how old we are... some of the rides Elaine enjoyed a lot, but gave daddy headache afterwards.
這些遊樂設施讓我們發現我們年紀也不小了...有些以琳超喜歡的,可是爸爸坐完會有點頭疼.
Feeding the sheep was one of the highlight! (its smell was also unforgettable)
餵羊也是重點之一喔! (羊騷味也很難忘)
I asked Elaine to smile, but she wouldn't. I asked her why, she said because she's a princess. She took the whole princess thing to another level...
我要以琳笑笑,可是她不要,她的解釋是:"我是小公主..." 小公主在以琳的腦海裡,似乎有新的詮釋

We're at North Pole! 我們在北極喔!
Take a rest (for daddy and mommy) Elaine was restless.
休息片刻,以琳等不及要再去玩了!
Elaine's first shot 開飛機打壞人!
Elaine requested daddy to go with her on the roller coaster, nother headache awaits...
以琳要爸爸陪她坐雲霄飛車...爸爸的頭又要疼了.
End the trip on a sweet note. 甜蜜的句點
Here is Santa! He asked Elaine what does she want for Christmas, Elaine says: " a giraff." (still thinking about the zoo, eh?)
聖誕老公公在這裡! 他問以琳聖誕節想要什麼,以琳回答:"我要好大好大的長頸鹿. 看來,她還在想著動物園呢.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Our 5th Anniversary Trip 結婚五週年紀念日旅遊

Anniversary trip is no longer for Kelly and I only, it's also an excuse to take Elaine out to play. Although we are all very glad to go on an excursion, but the happiest person is Elaine. 週年旅遊已經不是為了我和Kelly而紀念了. 這個日子變成了我們帶以琳出去玩的理由. 說穿了,最快樂的人應該是她.

We went to the Cheyenne Mt. Zoo
我們去了動物園



The view was excellent! 風景很優美


We saw and fed lots of cute animals
我們看到了也餵了很多小動物吃東西

Some of the animals really smells!
有些動物還真是有點臭!
In the evening, we checked out the play area in one of the malls in Colorado Springs
晚上我們一起去Colorado Springs 的百貨公司玩


The best part is to fight for the icecream with Daddy.
最好玩的還是跟爸爸搶冰淇淋吃